Noya is reversing climate change by removing CO2 from the atmosphere. We’re a small, scrappy team of engineers and scientists taking on the biggest problem anybody could be working on. We’ve developed a new process that will use existing industrial equipment to pull CO2 out of thin air, with dramatically lower capital and operating expenses than other carbon capture approaches.
YOUR MISSION IN THIS ROLE
This role is fundamental to the long-term success of our team. Your technical expertise will help you design the first scalable machines that pull CO2 out of air. As a Controls Engineer at Noya, you will be responsible for designing, prototyping, testing, and implementing controls and data collection systems for CO2 capture machines. You will participate in company-wide discussions and brainstorm sessions to develop the best systems in the world to help our planet reverse climate change. You will then take these ideas from prototyping all the way through to implementation.
And on top of all that, you will dive head-first into a sea of future potential full of unimaginable growth opportunities. Ultimately, we are looking for a curious engineer who wants to help solidify a bright future for all of humanity.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design, build, and test thermal and mechanical controls and data acquisition systems for CO2 capture machines
- Develop electrical schematics and drawings
- Develop test plans to validate control systems
- Lead interdisciplinary teams through root cause analysis to resolve unexpected outcomes during development, implementation, or production
- Spend time on the laboratories, shop floor, and remote CO2 capture facilities when technology is being installed and tested. We all get our hands dirty at Noya!
- Interface with mechanical and chemical engineers to ensure successful system integrations
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Science Engineering
- Experience with controls development and data analysis tools including MATLAB, Simulink, or Python
- Understand 24VDC digital control circuits, 0-10V and 4-20mA analog circuits and sensors, and 120/208/480VAC motors.
- Signal and data debugging experience
- Experience with control techniques including PID
- Experience with log file analysis and root cause identification of software bugs
- Familiarity with PLC and HMI
Nice to have
- Experience developing mechanical and thermal management control algorithms for industrial applications
- Experience with fast prototyping of PCBs
- Machine learning controls (MLC) experience